Call Back Form
NEED HELP? Call our support 24/7 at (+91) 33 4072 6060 or Live Chat
Bangladesh is becoming a hot destination for students from countries like India, Nepal etc for getting their MBBS degree. Every year, a large number of international students apply in top medical universities of Bangladesh. The cost of living and education here is quite affordable as compared to other medical colleges around the world. The average cost of the MBBS degree in Bangladesh varies from 24 Lakh INR to 30 Lakh INR.
The medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized and approved by the MCI – Medical Council of India; ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA; FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory; ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; MCC – Medical Council of Canada and WHO – World Health Organization. This helps the students who graduate from medical universities in Bangladesh to be eligible to appear for major tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the observation of Medical Council Of India (MCI) and practice in all countries across the globe.The infrastructure and quality of education is very good. Students are provided with high quality accommodation at much cheaper rates.
MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students
Study MBBS in Bangladesh
Home to plenty of leading medical universities and colleges, Bangladesh has maintained a reputation for offering different medical courses for both local as well as overseas students.
The following are some of the many convincing reasons why study MBBS Bangladesh:
- The education system and medical education in Bangladesh resemble that of India and equivalent to many developing countries.
- The cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh is lower when compared to hot study destinations around the globe.
- Medical students in the country are exposed to several extracurricular activities and international seminars so that they could gain some confidence.
- All medical universities in Bangladesh have state-of-the-art infrastructure and experienced faculty members.
- The Medical Council of India recognizes MBBS qualification acquired from Bangladeshi universities. Indian students can visit their country and work after completed their MBBS in Bangladesh.
- MBBS in Bangladesh is also known for the best FMGE passing percentage.
- The accommodation options available in Bangladesh are of higher quality and affordable.
Top Reasons to Study MBBS in Bangladesh
Study MBBS in Bangladesh
1. Language is English: The medium of Instruction while studying MBBS from Bangladesh is English. Since Indian students are good at English, it is easy for them to understand what is being taught. Just like India, people in Bangladesh are also good at English speaking. This is not the case for Russia and China where many colleges teach in the local language. Students will have to grasp Bengali too for clinical practice/hospital visits.
2. Indian Food Available: Indian food is available to the students in Bangladesh. The food available in Bangladesh is similar in taste to the food available in India. Getting healthy, tasty and nutritious food is very important for every person. The students can also cook food for themselves. Both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food is available. The students will get almost all the fruits and vegetables which are available in India.
3. Low cost of living: The cost of living in Bangladesh is very low. Cost of living includes things such as accommodation, food, travel. Hostel facility is made available to the students by the college itself. Cost of food is the lowest among all the MBBS abroad options available to Indian students. The Indian currency is stronger than Taka, the currency of Bangladesh.
The average cost of study MBBS in Bangladesh ranges between ₹24 Lakh to ₹30 Lakh. Students from many coutries come to Bangladesh for their medical studies. The affordable fees, efficient & effective medical education of Bangladesh makes it one of the most favoured destinations for India students.
* These are approximate figures, since the exchange rate changes very volatile and changes every second, you may contact our counsellors to know more about fees and living expenses.
5. Climate and Culture: The climate in Bangladesh is the same as in most Indian cities. The culture of Bangladesh is similar to that in India too, making it easier for Indian students to adjust there.
6. Recognition: All the colleges for MBBS Bangladesh where Global Medical Foundation is providing admission to are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
7. Safety & Security: Bangladesh is a safe place for Indian students. As most of the colleges provide hostel facility to its students, the safety of the students is ensured.
8. Low travelling cost: Most people prefer to study MBBS from Bangladesh as travelling is very easy. Daily flights and trains are available from India to Bangladesh and vice versa. Travelling cost is extremely low.
Facts about MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students
|Intake for MBBS in Bangladesh||September|
|Minimum Percentage for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh||60% in PCB|
|NEET||Yes With Qualifying Marks|
|IELTS / TOEFL||No|
|Processing Time||90 Days|
|Total Fees||44,000 USD|
|Living Cost||150 – 200 USD Per Month|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Top MBBS Universities in Bangladesh||All Government University|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO approved|
|Climate||Same as India|
MBBS in Bangladesh Fee Structure 2020
Study MBBS in Bangladesh Fee Structure
The fee structure for MBBS in Bangladesh is very affordable as the universities are government universities. From 2019 onwards, Indian citizens who wish to study MBBS in abroad have to clear NEET. In addition to these eligibility criteria, each medical university in Bangladesh has set a specific percentage of marks that the student must have to be eligible to get a seat in its university. Below you can find MBBS in Bangladesh Fees of some of the best medical universities in Bangladesh:
Fee Structure of Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh for 2020-2021:-
|Name of the University||Tuition Fee 1st to 5th year||Hostel Fee Per Month|
|Z. H. Sikder Women’s Medical College||40,000 USD||100 USD|
|Tairunnessa Memorial Medical College||40,000 USD||150 USD|
|Jahurul Islam Medical College||40,000 USD||150 USD|
|Enam Medical College & Hospital||45,000 USD||100 USD|
|Delta Medical College||39,000 USD||150 USD|
|Ad-Din Women’s Medical College||38,000 USD||150 USD|
|North-East Medical College||40,000 USD||150 USD|
|Green Life Medical Collge||44,000 USD||100 USD|
|Southern Medical College||39,000 USD||150 USD|
|Sylhet Women’s Medical College||38,000 USD||150 USD|
|Anwer Khan Modern Medical College||44,000 USD||150 USD|
|Kumudini Women’s Medical College||43,000 USD||150 USD|
|Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College||42,950 USD||150 USD|
|Universal Medical College||38,000 USD||150 USD|
|Central Medical College||35,000 USD||150 USD|
|Mainamoti Medical College||38,000 USD||150 USD|
|TMSS Medical College||40,000 USD||150 USD|
|Dhaka Central International Medical College||39,000 USD||100 USD|
|Popular Medical College||45,000 USD||150 USD|
|International Medical College||45,000 USD||150 USD|
Fee Structure of ONLY GIRLS Medical Universities in Bangladesh for 2020-2021:-
|College Name||Fees in US$||1st Year Payment||Hostel Fees|
|Medical Colleges Only For Girls|
|Medical College for Women||52000||30000||Included|
|Sylhet Women’s Medical College||34000||14000||Included Food|
1. MBBS from Bangladesh course duration is of 5 years.
2. Compulsory rotatory internship of 1 year after 5 years of college. This can be done in India.
3. Semester system is followed in Bangladesh too. Each semester is of 6 months.
4. The MBBS course in Bangladesh is divided into 3 phases, namely- Pre-clinical phase, Para-clinical Phase and the Clinical Phase.
5. The medium of instruction is English. The students will also need to understand the Bengali language.
|Study Phase||Phase Duration||Subjects||Examination|
|First Phase||1 year and 6 months||1. Anatomy
|First Professional MBBS|
|Second Phase||1 year||1. Community Medicine
2. Forensic Medicine
|Second Professional MBBS|
|Third Phase||1 year||1. Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS|
|Fourth Phase||1 year and 6 months||1. Medicine & Allied Subjects
2. Surgery & Allied Subjects
3. Obstetrics & Gynecology
|Final Professional MBBS|