Call Back Form
NEED HELP? Call our support 24/7 at (+91) 33 4072 6060 or Live Chat
Students who wish to pursue their MBBS in abroad are giving much attention towards Nepal as it is one of the best places to study MBBS. To teach and share information concerning to medical studies, there are some medical colleges which are fully equipped with all the required facilities and they are top medical colleges in Nepal. Nepal medical universities have excellent infrastructure and state of the art facilities. The duration of MBBS course in Nepal is 6 years including internship like in India. It is completely worth to study MBBS in Nepal with top MCI approved medical universities or schools with low tuition fee structure and without any donation.
In Nepal, MBBS course duration is five and half years. The first four and half years of MBBS course are dedicated to theoretical study of Basic sciences and clinical sciences, and one year of internship. After completing MBBS course successfully, Indian students are awarded Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. Studying medicine in Nepal also has scope of elective study and also offers options of placement on completing the course.
MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
Study MBBS in Nepal
- Low tuition fee structure for MBBS in Nepal.
- Free education in some universities for international students.
- Get high quality education during MBBS in Nepal.
- A beautiful country to explore.
- Students from all over the world come to study medicine in Nepal.
- Mostly, all the best medical universities in Nepal are recognized by MCI and WHO.
- Students can work after completing the course of MBBS in Nepal.
- In Nepal, English is understood by the people and hence it can be used as a language for study or communication and thus dialect is not a problem in the country.
- Affordable living expenses during MBBS in Nepal.
- Chances of students getting admission to MBBS universities in Nepal would increase only if they prepare themselves accordingly
No donation and capitation fees to take MBBS admission in Nepal
No IELTS and TOEFL is required.
No visa required to study MBBS in Nepal.
Globally recognized degree.
Affordable fee structure.
Excellent environment and culture.
High quality education.
MCI approved colleges.
Top Reasons to Study MBBS in Nepal
Study MBBS in Nepal
Here are some significant reasons why Indians study MBBS in Nepal:
- Indians looking to visit Nepal don’t need a Visa or Passport. India and Nepal have strong, friendly relations, and Indian students can go there without any rigorous document verification.
- MBBS admission fee is quite reasonable in Nepal. Even the most of part of the curriculum resembles to that of Indian medical colleges. Private medical colleges in Nepal are far cheaper when compared to India.
- The country has several top-ranked medical colleges with expert faculty members hailing from India.
- Excellent weather conditions, lifestyle, food, cultural activities, etc. are some other factors that are somehow similar to India. Indian students pursuing higher education in Nepal feel like being at home. Indians are in considerable numbers in the country, and hence their festivals are also celebrated with high regard.
- Boys and girls in Nepal are assigned separate hostels. You can get accommodation outside the university as well. A peaceful and beautiful country, Nepal welcomes overseas students, and there is no issue related to accommodation.
- English and Hindi are common languages in Nepal. Indian medical students find it easy to communicate with locals and teachers. Since hundreds of Indian medical practitioners are practicing and teaching in Nepal, communication is easy here.
Recognition of MBBS in Nepal
Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE) is a Screening Test conducted by Medical Council of India. The test is the mandatory requirement for the students who have attained a medical degree from Nepal and wants to practice medicine in India. The MCI screening test was introduced in 2002 as a qualifying examination for Indian students obtaining their medical degrees from countries other than India. Medical schools in Nepal are listed with WHO and recognised by MCI.
The Education System in Nepal
Education System in Nepal is very similar to India and strictly follows MCI syllabus and Indian Medical books. The duration of the course for pursuing MBBS in Nepal is same as India. Many faculties in Nepal belong to India and have a great understanding with the Indian students. Some of the medical colleges in Nepal are owned by Indian. Hence the management of the medical institution is Indian as well. Just like a medical council of India, there is Nepal Medical Council that monitors the medical colleges in Nepal. All medical colleges in Nepal are approved by Medical Council of India and Indian students after finishing their MBBS in Nepal have to sit for the MCI Screening Test. Higher education in Nepal consists of Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD levels. Some universities also offer post-graduate diplomas. Medical universities in Nepal also offer professional and technical degrees.
Facts about MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students
|Intake for MBBS in Nepal||September|
|Minimum Percentage for MBBS in Nepal||60% in PCB|
|NEET Require for MBBS in Nepal||Yes With Qualifying Marks|
|Processing Time for MBBS in Nepal||90 Days|
|Total Fees for MBBS in Nepal||50 – 60 Lacs|
|Living Cost in Nepal||100 USD Per Month|
|Duration of MBBS in Nepal||6 Years|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
|Top MBBS Universities in Nepal||All Government & Private University|
|Recognition||MCI and WHO Approved|
MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure 2019
Study MBBS in Nepal Fee Structure
Tuition fee to acquire an MBBS degree in Nepal can cost around thirty to forty lakh rupees. It is far less than what a similar degree cost in a private institution in India. Including the cost of food and accommodation in Nepal, Studying MBBS is an inexpensive affair. Moreover, students get the facility to pay in instalments. Students also avail inexpensive transportation in Nepal as the country is nearby most of the Indian cities and cheapest tickets connecting Indian cities are available easily.
Fee Structure of Top Medical Universities in Nepal for 2019-2020:-
|Name of the Medical Universities||Tuition Fees 1st Year||Tuition Fees 2nd to 6th Year|
|Biratnagar Medical College, Biratnagar||25,00,000 INR||6,50,000 INR|
|Devdaha Medical College||24,00,000 INR||6,00,000 INR|
|Karol Marcinkowski Medical University,Poznan||25,00,000 INR||8,00,000 INR|
|Kathmandu Medical College, Kathmandu||25,00,000 INR||8,00,000 INR|
|Nepal Medical College & Teaching Hospital,||27,00,000 INR||12,50,000 INR|
|Manipal College of Medical Sciences, Pokhra||25,00,000 INR||12,50,000 INR|
|Nobel Medical College, Biratnagar||25,00,000 INR||7,50,000 INR|
|Nepal Ganj Medical College, Nepal||30,00,000 INR||6,50,000 INR|
|Lumbani Medical College, Palpa||24,00,000 INR||6,00,000 INR|
|Universal College of Medical Sciences||25,00,000 INR||9,00,000 INR|
|National Medical College, Birganj||15,00,000 INR||15,00,000 INR|
|Gandaki Medical College, Pokhra||25,00,000 INR||6,50,000 INR|
|KIST Medical College||25,00,000 INR||7,00,000 INR|
|Chitawan Medical College, Chitwan||25,00,000 INR||7,00,000 INR|
|Janaki Medical College||20,00,000 INR||6,50,000 INR|
Advantages of MBBS in Nepal
Study MBBS in Nepal
The following are some top advantages of pursuing medical education in a Nepalese medical college:
- Nepal is home to several medical universities and colleges approved by the Medical Council of India. MBBS Course also resembles the Indian pattern in many ways.
- Medical colleges in Nepal have qualified Indian teachers in plenty. This is a good reason to attract Indian students.
- The ratio of qualifying the MCI Screening Test is also high among students pursuing medical education in Nepal.
- Affordable tuition fees and living costs.
- Proximity to India.
- Pleasant weather conditions.
- No requirement of Visa.
- Hindi and English speaking country.
- High-quality education.
- Food habits, culture, lifestyle, and festivals are very similar to India.
MCI Approved Medical Universities in Nepal
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
- Chisapani, Banke
- College of Medical Sciences, Bharatpur, Chitwan
- U. Kathmandu
- U. Manipal Academy
- U. Tribhuvan
- Universal College of Medical Sciences, Bhairahawa
Reference Website : MCI