One of the main concerns of Indian parents before sending their kids abroad for education is the choice of country, perhaps before the selection of university itself.
Nearness of the place, whether condition, local language & living cost are few of those factors that affect the decision.
How about this; you get to study in a place where everything that you ever fantasize about international education do exist & that destination is just close to India?
Yes It’s Nepal where you must put all the trust for pursuing an MBBS degree in 2020.
There isn’t a single characteristic about the country & it’s universities that has any lesser competence than other colleges around the world.
MBBS Education in Nepal
A huge crowd of Indian students, most particularly from the north eastern region of India prefer to study in Nepal for higher studies in medicine.
It is the most cost effective option for the students who are looking to study in an international destination with all the standard components of infrastructure & other facilities.
Shorter duration of medical education, extensive & practical MBBS syllabus, highly qualified professors, simple eligibility criteria & admission procedure, the list of benefits to study MBBS in Nepal goes on & on.
We have covered up all those reasons that justify the importance of choosing Nepal over other countries to learn medicine in this or upcoming years.
Therefore, just stay tuned for a while & explore all the relevant information regarding MBBS opportunities in Nepal.
MBBS in Nepal: Brief Overview
|Name of the Course||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S)|
|Duration of MBBS Course||5.5 Years (With Internship)|
|Language Used for Instruction||Nepali & English|
|Seats for Indian Students||1000 Seats|
|Accepted PCB Score||60% (Gen.) & 40% (Res.)|
|Age Criteria of Candidate||17 (Min) & 25 (Max)|
|Entrance Exam Requirement||NEET – Compulsory
IELTS/ TOEFL – Not Mandatory
|MCI Approved Universities||20 Medical Colleges|
|Avg Fees of Universities||8 lakhs – 10 lakhs (Annual)|
|Avg Cost of Living||5k – 10k Per Month|
|Start Date of Application||Aug, 2020|
|Deadline of the Application||Sept, 2020|
|Course Commence Date||Oct, 2020|
|Recommended University||KIST Medical College|
Accreditation & Recognition of Universities in Nepal
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Medical Council of India (MCI)
- United States Medical Licence Examination (USMLE)
- Foundation of Advancement of International Medical Education and Research – (FAIMER)
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED)
- General Medical Council (GMC-UK)
- Professional & Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB)
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDMS)
- National Medical Commission (NMC)
Syllabus of MBBS Course in the Universities in Nepal
The syllabus of MBBS in the universities in Nepal is divided into 3 phases:
|2 Years||1st||1. Clinical exposure
2. Community Medicine
3. Integrated Basic Medical Science
4. Communication Skills
|2nd||1. Communication Skills
2. Integrated Basic Medical Science
3. Clinical exposure
|1 Year||3rd||1. Gynecology
2. Disciplines of Forensic Medicine
3. Community Medicine (Applied Epidemiology, Family Health Exercise),
5. Internal Medicine
6. Obstetrics and Pediatrics
|1.5 Year||Clinical subjects|
Subjects including in the major area of studies
|Demography||Bio-statistics||Community Health Laboratory|
|Sociology||Information Technology||Environmental Health|
|Community Health Diagnosis||Communication Skills||Nutrition, Health Education|
|Biochemistry||Hepatobiliary System||Communication Skills|
|Anatomy||History taking and general physical examination||Microbiology of functions and structures in Musculoskeletal system & Neurosensory|
|Pathology||Gastro-intestinal||Renal and Electrolyte systems|
|Pediatrics||Dermatology||Ethics and Research|
|Surgery||Eye||Accident and Emergency Medicine|
Note: 1 year of internship is mandatory to attend after the final year. The students have an opportunity to execute their skills practically on live patients in the globally recognized hospitals affiliated with Nepal’s Universities.
Why Nepal is the Best Destination for MBBS Studies?
1. Thousands of Indian students have shown interest to build their educational foundation in the universities of Nepal due to their modern enhancement & excellent educational advancement.
2. Most of the professors employed in the college of Nepal are Indian who are graduates of reputed international Universities with rough experience in their respective field.
3. Total duration of MBBS study is moderate compared with most of the countries where it exceeds above 6 years. Nepal has a peace loving public which makes it a safest land for foreign students.
4. Majority of the University (20) have an MCI approval status & they are globally accredited by reputed medical councils. Passport is not a condition for Indian students to study in Nepal. You neither have to pass out any special entrance exam nor you have to pay donation or any additional charges at the time of admission.
5. The instruction language for MBBS course is English in the colleges of Nepal, & all types of facilities are involved in the infrastructure & the system of management under a minimum amount of fees.
6. Whether the condition of the country is fairly suitable for the student of Indian ethnicity as the location of Nepal is close to northern India. The cost of living is also affordable due to the lower exchange rates between the two countries.
7. Accommodation services are available in most of the Universities of Nepal with the arrangement of Indian food. The colleges have sort complex & well equipped libraries & the science laboratories are always furnished with modern tools & equipment.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Course in Nepal
- The minimum age of the candidate applying for MBBS admission in the universities of Nepal is 17 years with no upper age limit.
- The student must have finished his high school education (10+2) through science stream with specific score in core subjects.
- Requirement of marks for PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), & English is 60% for general category & 40% for reserved group.
- No specific entrance exam is required apart from NEET; however some universities may have their private exams to clarify as an entrance exam to take admission for MBBS course.
- Students should be physically & mentally fit candidates who also need to be proficient in English speaking for greater advantage.
Admission Process for MBBS Courses in Nepal
- Medical council of India provides a certificate of eligibility that is required for getting enrolled in MBBS admission in Nepal.
- NEET test is carried out to place the candidates in the universities as per their merits in the result of examination.
- Interview rounds are taken by individual universities to qualify the deserving candidates for the respective medical seat.
- Every University has their official sites to fill an online application form where admission process begins after the submission of duly filled application sent with an attestmenet of legitimate documents.
- Students receive the ‘invitation letter’ from the university after the acceptance of the admission form.
- Then students can proceed to the student’s VISa form after meeting required conditions of documents.
- The government of Nepal will notify the information on dates of flights after they approve the VISA of the candidate.
Documents Required for Pursuing MBBS degree in Nepal
- Online application applied for admission formality.
- Marksheet of 10th & 12th (Original).
- NEET scorecard with qualified percentile.
- A birth certificate.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC).
- National Proof (ID Card) like Aadhar card, PAN, Voter ID.
- Photocopies of the VISA.
- 5 recently captured passport size photos.
Fee Structure of MBBS Course in All MCI Approved Medical Universities of Nepal
|Name of University||National Rank||World Rank||Total Fees (Hostel Incl)|
|KIST Medical College||7||21778||Rs. 48,00,000|
|B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences||28||4891||Rs. 54,60,000|
|Institute of Medicine, Kathmandu||N/A||N/A||Rs. 45,10,000|
|U. Manipal Academy||N/A||N/A||Rs. 56,60,000|
|Kathmandu University||30||3143||Rs. 61,00,000|
|Patan Academy of Health Sciences||N/A||N/A||Rs. 36,60,000|
|U. Tribhuvan||29||3768||Rs. 52,00,000|
Calculation of Dollars: 1 US Dollar equals to 70 Indian Rupees. The ranking of the college given above has been taken from webometrics .
Scholarship Opportunities for International/Indian Students Who Study in Nepal
India has made a huge contribution to the distribution of scholarship facilities to Nepal through its own embassies over the past couple of years. Around 3000 scholarships & seats are provided by the Indian govt in the Colleges/Universities of Nepal. Few of them are listed below:
- COMPEX Scholarship Scheme
- AYUSH Scholarship Scheme
- APS Scholarship Scheme
- General Scholarship Scheme (GSS)
- SAARC Scholarship Scheme
- Silver Jubilee Scholarship Scheme (SJSS)
- Dr. Homi J. Bhabha Scholarship Scheme
- Nepal Aid Fund Scholarship Scheme
- MAHATMA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- GOLDEN JUBILEE SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
VISA Process for Indian Students to Study in Nepal
The Department of Immigration issues the VISA to the international immigrants including students or even professors as per the recommendation of the Ministry of Education. The validity of the VISA is upto the one year after which you are required to renew the VISA.
Required documents to get VISA sanctioned:
- Recommendation letter from Ministry of Education.
- Original admission receipt of the University/college in Nepal.
- Minimum one week old bank statement with sufficient funds.
- Online filled application form of admission.
- Copies of VISA. (Passport is not mandatory for Indians).
- Certification of Birth.
- Report card of progress. (student’s VISA renewal)
- Clearance certificate of the police (PCC)
- Nepal is a developing country landlocked between the two borders of India & China.
- Nepal is a nation that contains 8 of the 10 largest mountains in the world, most notably; Mount Everest and Kanchenjunga.
- Kathmandu, a capital city of Nepal has higher industrial opportunities & it has all the important amenities.
- Nepal has evolved as one of the fastest growing places in terms of economy, health care services, better transportation & quality education facilities having global accreditation.
- The weather condition is suitable for Indian students in Nepal, the people here are friendly towards Indian, & the expenses of living are affordable for Indians due to lower currency rates of the country.
Nepal: Quick Overview
|Capital of the Country||Kathmandu|
|Area of Nepal||147,516 Sq Mi|
|Total Country’s Population||2,81,00,000|
|Official National Language||Nepal|
|Avg Whether Temperature||37°F to 84°F|
|Literacy Rate of Nation||67.91% (Approx)|
|Currency – Rate of Exchange||1 Nepalese Rupee = 0.63 INR|
|Most Followed Religion||Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam|
Cost of Living for Indian Student’s to Stay in Nepal
|Cost of Studying in Nepal (Food & ACCOMMODATION)|
|Types of Amenities||Total Cost (USD)||Total Cost (INR)|
|Avg Annual Cost of Hostel||700$||50,000 INR|
|One day’s meal outside||5$||500 INR|
|Apartment Rent (External Accommodation)||50$||35,00 INR|
|Annual Insurance Expenses||N/A||N/A|
|Ticket Cost (One Time)||100$||7,000 INR|
|VISA Cost (Single Re-Entry)||20$||1500 INR|
|Total Annual Cost||12,000$ (Approx.)||8,40,000 (Approx.)|
Calculation of Dollars: 1 US Dollar equals to 70 Indian Rupees.
That was all the essential information that proves why it’s a wise decision to choose Nepal for studying MBBS in the year 2020.
The best part of pursuing a medical degree in Nepal is that it’s near to India so you don’t feel like you’ve come so far from India.
The travel duration is shorter, plus no passport is required for Indian students in order to legally reside in Nepal for educational purposes.
If you are keen to get more details on any of the universities of Nepal mentioned above, then feel free to discover every vital aspect about these colleges at NEPAL UNIVERSITY .
We have given a diligent overview about each of these colleges, For their fees structure, admission procedures, eligibility requirement, cost of living, faculty information, campus infrastructure Contact Us for more details.